Sunday, July 22, 2012

One to One Time

Something that I don't get to do very often is spend one to one time with the children and its a real treat for me when I do.  Its a chance to really connect and do things at that child's pace.  Today I got some special time with the littest while the boys went swimming.




We went to one of my favourite small market towns for pottering about (which also has one of the best swimming pools) and mooched around the shops for a while.  Or rather, I followed her around while she strode with a real sense of purpose.     

We went to a proper toy shop, which is always much more fun for me than visiting the soulless bigger chain ones (where we inevitably come away empty handed) to choose a gift for a friend.





We also bought  a puzzle to work on over coffee and cake.




and invented a new game that provided hours several minutes of entertainment.  Hide and seek the coin in the playdoh - highly recommended for when you need an extra 10 minutes to finish your bucket cup of coffee


 




On the way to the playpark we admired these gorgeous cakes in the window of a famous tearoom.  It was fortunate that we'd just had cake as I might have bought one of each otherwise.



She struggled with climbing in her long dress.  Thankfully I had a backup outfit.



Much better!





I'm looking forward to doing more of the same with each of my boys very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment